- Find a quiet space.
- Dress appropriately, no pyjamas or sleepwear.
- Let all household members know when and where you will be on zoom call and ask them not to disturb you. (An adult should be present for duration of zoom call)
- Make sure your full name shows up appropriately.
- Be aware of your background, lighting, and noise.
- Mute until you are required to talk. Use the Zoom functions to communicate if needed (chat, raise your hand, answer yes/no, etc.).
- Turn off/silence all phones.
- Be on time to zoom call.
- Pay attention! Maintain eye contact with the speaker on the screen.
- Enter a zoom that you weren’t invited to, share the zoom access information for your class with others, or enter under a different name.
- Take screenshots, phone pictures, or otherwise record the meeting, your classmates, or your teacher without express permission to do so.
- Change your name or change your zoom background during the meeting.
- Walk around during the class meeting.
- Use the chat for side conversations with classmates.
- Sit in front of a window or bright light, this will make your face too dark to see.
- Have conversations with household members off camera.
- Allow household members to walk around behind you during the meeting.
- Engage in texting, social media, work from other classes, or other distractions while on zoom call.