- ·Represent the views of parents.
- Inform parents of developments in education and in the school.
- Foster a sense of community between parents, teachers and school management
- Assist the school, its management, staff and pupils.
- Organising Santa at Christmas,the Holy Communion tea,the 6th class Presentation night and various fundraising events
All parents/guardians of children attending the school are deemed to be members of the association. Officers are elected at the A.G.M. held in September each year. The Association is affiliated to the National Parents Council Primary and sends representatives to the Monaghan County Association.
There is a strong tradition of parental involvement in Doohamlet N.S. which has contributed greatly to the success of the school. The association welcomes all parents to the association and look forward to them becoming actively involved in it’s work on behalf of their child/children.
Members of the Parents’ Association 2018-2019
Chairperson: Martina Duffy
Vice Chairperson: Paula Coleman
Secretary: Sharon Mc Manus
Assistant Secretary: Theresa Cassidy
Treasurer: Raymond Malone
Assistant Treasurer: Roisin Mason
Special Needs Delegates: Linda Mc Bride and Deirdre O’ Neill
P.R.O: Ann Coleman
Assistant PRO: Michelle Rushe